The other evening I walked out onto our deck and heard the roar of the ocean. Now we are close to the shore but we are not so close I can always hear the waves. I looked up and it didn't look like bad weather but I knew something was up. I grabbed Robert and we headed down to the beach. It was starting to get dark so we were rushing down and noticed other people were too. What was happening? Wind. The wind had kicked up and was driving the waves into the shore. The surf was really tumultuous and the wind was whipping around us but it wasn't stormy. It was just weird. Well the next day we looked on the hurricane tracking site and sure enough that was the beginning of a tropical depression. It had already been given a number. We watched it on the tracking site for a few days but it fizzled out. Had it not, we would have seen the beginning of a hurricane and trust me, after living on the gulf coast for nearly 30 years we already know what the end looks like.Sorry for the blurriness but it was getting dark and my camera was struggling to focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment