We didn't actually get to stay for the birthday because of when they set up my appointment but we did get to spend some time with him. Danielle and Dave came up from Glendale and we were able to see them too. Dave looked in my ears with his scope.(He graduates this spring from medical school) He looked in the good ear first and was telling us all about eardrums. Then he looked in my other ear and pulled back saying, "That looks better?!" He kept telling us how it was an amber, dark amber. But on the day we left he looked at it again and said that some of it was returning to the normal color. I was making progress.
On New Years Eve we drove back to Salt Lake City. We rang in the New Year with Paul. We made a toast that Paul would find a wife this year and we are hoping it works.
While in Las Vegas Robert had this round red spot about the size of a nickle form on his arm. He thought nothing of it.
That week we went to the doctor about my ear and found out my ear was good enough to go back to Cape Verde. There was still a microscopic hole in my eardrum and so I had to promise I would not put my head under water for the rest of my mission or until a qualified doctor could verify it had closed. No worries.I wasn't planning on going swimming and with a plug in the ear I can shower without getting water in it.
A doctor here verified it was a spider bit, a brown recluse. He had to go on steriods and antibiotics and put a cream on it. It is much better now.

No comments:
Post a Comment