This is our second Thanksgiving in Cape Verde. This year we actually found a turkey - howbeit the scrawniest one I have ever cooked. It was just under ten pounds and I nearly burnt it because it cooked so fast. Sister Cummings (the past nurse) sent us a package with stuffing mix and the ingredients to make a green bean casserole. Paul had sent us Marie Calendars corn bread mix. So I made the green bean casserole and corn bread and roasted the turkey. Sister Thompson made the potatoes, some carrots, the stuffing, rolls and a really good Pumpkin dessert (Sister Cummings also sent a can of pumpkin). We enjoyed the meals with the Thompsons, the assistants, and the four office elders that we are training.
That is Elder Mathews, Elder Guy, Elder Levi, Elder Bruce, Elder Ensign, Elder Lopes, Elder Fogulberg, Sister Thompson and Brother Thompson all gathered around our table for our feast.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment