Sunday, July 29, 2012

Friends and Food

Friends. This is a picture of our first graduating class from our Temple Prep class. Most will leave for the Recife, Brazil Temple in August or the first of September. The group includes members of our ward Bishopric, stake clerks and secretaries and the third person on the left is going to be married to the Branch President in Mindelo. Holden, the Brother we work with in the office, is standing by me and his fiance, Sandra, is right in front of him. The little guy with the ball belongs to the first couple on the left. He sleeps through most of our classes so I don't know how prepared he will be. :-)

Food. Any of you who know Robert well, know he loves to find good restaurants. I am not sure if it is the food or the thrill of the hunt. He had an out-to-lunch bunch at work that were always amazed at his sixth-sense about good places to eat. That skill is being even more tested here in Africa but it hasn't failed him yet. The other evening we were walking to one restaurant when he spotted another and said, "Oh, I think I have heard of this place." My response, "From who!?" Him: "I don't know but I think we should try it."
So we go in and they only have 8 things on the menu - grilled A,B,C,D,E,F,G or H. A thru H being different sorts of fish. So we order and amazingly it was the BEST grilled fish we have ever had. Of course they don't do much to hide the fact it is fish. This little guy smiled at me the whole meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment