I spoke once before about our dear street dogs, Buddy, the Brownies, and Jack. Poor Jack is getting so old. In the mornings that I go out to run, he will get up and start the run with me. Poor thing only makes it about a block. Then there is Buddy. He is a healthy black lab who loves to sneak up behind me and lick me on the fingers. He runs with me too until something distracts him and off he goes. Then there are the Brownies who look like sisters but I suspect one is the mother and the other the daughter. These poor gals take turns having puppies. For some reason the puppies are always black and for that reason we suspect Buddy is somehow involved. Well in the litter before last, our neighbor's guard decided to keep one of the puppies. He sits out by the gates at night with the dog chained nearby. The dog is now a nearly full grown lab but he still acts like a puppy. One night we were walking down the street and the guard had not yet chained the dog up. And he was so excited to see us! He jumped up and his paws landed on my back and slid right down to the ground - taking my elastic waistband skirt all the way to the ground too! I think the fact I was laughing so hard encouraged the dog because he kept jumping on me and I nearly didn't get the skirt up again. We think only Robert witnessed this but ... the guard might have too. No picture included with this story. Blush!
There is now also another addition to the street gang. The neighbors who are kind enough to look after the puppies when they are born and then try to give them away, decided we needed to keep one on the street. We call him Buddy Junior or BJ. He is so funny to watch. He digs through the trash and gets his head stuck in cartons. He also likes to bite the adult dogs' ears to get them to play with him. And he is always a mess. This is a picture of BJ with leaves stuck to him. And you can see Jack just laying in the shade - in middle of the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment