Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spinning Webs

Okay I will admit I have a bit of an arachnophobia. How I got so frightened of the little spiders I left behind in the States I will never know. (Well I did get bit by a brown recluse once)  Here I could understand developing such a phobia. We don't have them in or near our home - thank goodness. But when you go out into the country more or in open feilds you see them, and they are big.
The other day the President was doing interviews and needed his assistants nearby so we were summoned to pick up an Elder at the airport. I have been to the airport several times. It is of course away from the city near open fields. It is also small with sort of an in/out style, meaning that some of it is inside and some of it is under a permanent tarp. We were just standing there under the tarp waiting when Elder Mathews said, "Hum, look at that." Of course I looked up to see what he was looking at and saw this.
I bravely took a picture and then started thinking. "Okay that is like thirty or forty feet high maybe and still they look that big. How big would they look if they actually fell down right ... on our heads cause we are right under them!" That is when I got a shiver and quickly moved out from under them - and tripped on a metal bar I didn't see. I will not tell you how hard Elder Mathews laughed for fear your opinion of him would change. But suffice it to say he had been watching me carefully wondering just how long I would last. It was even less than he expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment