This is the old pathway leading to the very old church.
This is the three musketeers just outside the old Covento de Sao Francisco church -Sister McKnight, Sister Mathews and Sister Cassita.
This is Robert in the church. Reading of the history of this area written in the church was a real education. We Americans have always heard great things of Sir Frances Drake the explorer. Umm. Well the Cape Verdians refer to him as a pirate. After he attacked and pillaged Cidade Velha twice they built the fort on the hill that we went to next.
Going into the fort.
Inside the fort.
And a view from the fort.
On a side note, this town receives many visitors every year. One of the treats that is famous here is fried eel. Yum.
We wish Sister Cassitta good luck in the Marshall Islands and Sister McKnight well in the Genealogical and Family History Center in Salt Lake City.
Whew! I got through all your posts. I'm tired just reading about all your adventures. I can't imagine how you feel.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures of Boa Vista.