Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our Crazy Routine Here

I just wanted to record some of our routine here because it is so unique. When we come home from the grocery story we fill the sink with bleach water and literally wipe down everything we have purchased. Then with another sink full of bleach water we soak all the fruits and vegetables. Then we rinse them in filtered water. I never thought a dish drainer would come in so handy.

Then there is the laundry. I am lucky enough to have a washer, howbeit in my kitchen. Still it is a good washer. But alas we have no dryer. No one does. So we have come up with some pretty creative ways to dry our clothes in a hurry on our P-day. What we don't care about goes outside.
And what we care most about stays inside.
Unfortunately nothing we own seems to dry winkle free without a dryer so ironing has become a more consistent activity than it ever was at home. I have to give Robert credit. I think we are at a 50-50 split on who does the ironing.

I also spend a lot of time with this plastic friend. I honestly don't think it weighs 10 pounds. But I am learning to deal with just straight stitch and zigzag and am always grateful when I can get through a project without anything jamming or a needle breaking.
And last but not least in our TV with a 1960ish rabbit ear antenna, which allows us to pick up 3 local channels. I have to admit that when I am doing some hand sewing or folding laundry I do turn it on. The trick when watching TV in a foreign language is to find something to watch in which you already know the plot. Hence ...

 .


No comments:

Post a Comment